I asked the owner of the store where he had got the book, but he didn’t recall. I bought the photo for a nickel. That was in 1972. A year later it was blown out a ninth-floor window in Manhattan, off the kitchen table of someone I disliked. I watched after it, trying to follow it as it fell, but I didn’t see it touch the ground.
Sunday, April 29, 2007
One of the excellent writers about music is this guy, Nick Tosches. I've loved every thing of his I've read. He's got a novelist's eye and a poet's ear. I've heard his biography of Jerry Lee Lewis is his best, but I haven't read it. Here's a small moment at the end of a chapter from his book Country: the Biggest Music in America, about a rare photograph of Emmitt Miller he finds in the pages of a used book:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll check him out. Man, you're updating all the time now. Keep it up.
Yeah, the site is not blocked at work, anymore.
Post a Comment